Monday, November 14, 2011

Truth #5 - Evil

Evil exists in this world. Otherwise the opposite of evil, Love, could not and would not exist.  But sometimes it seems like evil is gaining ground.  I wonder why we, as human beings, allow it. Why isn't love growing? Why don't we all treat each other like brothers and sisters? I don't purposely ever set out to hurt my sister because I love her unconditionally.  Sometimes I don't like her or sometimes I make an error in judgement that hurts her, but that is never my intention when interacting with her. Granted some people don't know what love is, have not seen it, don't know how to give it to others, and that's not their fault. And there is pure evil, you see examples of that everyday, just turn on the TV or read a newspaper. That, I am afraid, we as people are becoming more ignorant of and/or almost immune to the emotions it causes.  How do we allow people to suffer?  Why don't we take swift decisive action to help?  It starts with the little things.  I hear some people say, don't give that bum money cause he will use it for alcohol or drugs.  If you believe in a god, in which I believe in the God, than you know he is always watching us.  I give that money believing that "bum" will take my money for food. I can't put conditions on it and worry about what he does with it.  If my sister needed money to eat and asked me for it (which she doesn't) I would quickly give it to her not worrying about what she actually used it for.  Why cause its my sister?  Isn't that bum my brother?  Don't we all come from the same father? The argument will be made that the bum should look for a job and pull himself up, I didn't cause his homelessness. Maybe.  But all of us are allowing it to continue.  If someone thinks we are not all connected in some way, that we all don't depend on each other in some way, that we all don't need each other in some way, than I will show you a fool. Evil and Love are two sides of the same coin. The devils greatest trick is to make you believe he doesn't exist.  Who was raping those little boys in the showers of the football team at Penn State? And people protested the firing of some men with poor ethics because they can coach a sport? Are you fucken for real?  Where are the protests against the judge that let this baby rapist out of jail with not so much as a $1 of real bail? Its easy to accept evil that men do, when men won't even blink when another man is down with no food to eat and no shelter over his head.  Cause then its easier to say that a baby rapist is not your problem too.  So what is our problem?  What the value of our stock is today?  Where does it stop? it doesn't because we don't fight back. Simple acts of kindness, especially when nobody is looking add up.  Cause God is always looking, and he is the only one that counts. Evil exists because love exists. Think about that the next time you want to do something that's not kind when nobody is looking, cause you know who else will be watching. Evil exists in this world, for sure. 

3 comments:

  1. I have seen pure freaking evil in this world, looked it dead in the eye and told it to go fuck its self. I have also been blessed to have seen true miracles that I know only God could have had a hand in. Each experience brought something into my life, its not the experiences that changed me, it was what I learned from how people around me reacted.
    Mom always taught me, if someone asks for something and u can provide it to them, then give it with an open heart, never expecting anything in return. I have always tried to do this my whole life. Yes, I have been burned by people and I get bitched out by my bff and boyfriend about how I shouldn't let people take advantage of my kindness. Then I think to myself what kind of person would I be if I looked at everything like, well what's in it fo me? I would be one selfish bitch. So yes, I do give that bum a dollar and hope its for food. Does that make me a sucker?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know you are being rhetorical, but you bring up good points. Clearly I agree with you. A sucker 1. doesn't know what they lost until after its gone. 2. doesn't do things for others when nobody is looking. 3. wouldn't practice true kindness itself which is selfless so you can't be taken advantage of.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We must express GOD'S will with words and actions of kindness and one must be genuine. The evil is the counter balance that throws us off our life's straight course.Your destiny is a path of many roads in which you create your map to the finish. No one map is the same but all end at the same place heaven or away from heaven which must people call hell where evil has its roots.

    ReplyDelete